NOC CENTRAL EQUIPMENT (Related to the Department of Informatics and Telematics)
The Department of Informatics and Telematics building hosts the new NOC’s Computer Room
It is supported by the necessary air conditioning and a UPS of 120KVA, and a power generator for the case of power failure. The computing and network equipment are hosted on 4 racks of 19"APC NetShelter SX 42U 750mm wide
A) Network Equipment
The active network equipment of the building is Cisco and support the telecommunications and network needs. It includes:
- 1 main switch having 48 ports and 12 simple PoE ports and a card with 7 optical ports with 1000Base-SX transceivers.
- 1 Voice Gateway.
- 1 call manager.
- 2 optical switches for fast interconnections.
- 4 switches (without PoE, × 48 ports) .
- 2 switches for the IP telephony(with PoE, × 48 ports)
- 40 IP phones
- 6 wireless access points, indoor (access points), spreaded around the building.
The interconnection of the switches occurs via multimode optical fiber with Gigabit Ethernet (1GbE), while it is possible to support 10Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) in the future. WAN connection provider is GRNET. The building is connected to the NOC located in the central campus of the Harokopio University (70, El. Venizelou) through a proprietary fiber optic network.
B) Mainframe equipment
The mainframe equipment supports the educational and research activities of the Department of Informatics and Telematics, and the Harokopio University overall. It includes:
- 1 modular system with 5 servers (blades) to support central services (like hosting the Department's website, personal web users, webmail, LDAP, mail server)
- 2 optical switches with 16 ports, which connect the servers and the storage units together with FC.
- 1 server Oracle Sun Server T4 to serve multicore applications and other requirements, such as educational software packages, simulation runs, etc. The resources of the server meet the specific needs of the Department and support independent services. The server runs on Solaris 10. Its role is as application server.
- 1 unified storage Oracle Sun ZFS 7320 with total capacity of 70TBytes. The storage runs on Solaris 11.
- 1 old unified storage Oracle Sun Blade 6000 with total capacity of 3TBytes, for the experiments of the Department of Informatics and Telematics.
- 1 Tape Library StorageTek SL150 for maintaining backup.
- 1 Sun X2200 server as Ldap Server (secondary)
- 1 Sun X2200 server as Primary Sun Ray server. Solaris 10. Its role is to support the Sun Ray Thin clients 3i laboratories.
- 1 Sun X2200 server as Secondary Sun Ray server for high availability.
All the equipment is of the latest technology.