Description: Culture and Technologies in information society. Multimedia preparation and distribution in Education via local and global networks. Health sector. Knowledge diffusion for the development of technological innovation. Socio-economic benefits. Work and information society. Social cohesion and information society. New technologies as development, participation, transparency, consultation and effectiveness tool for the Local Government. Modernization of businesses, development of new activities, products and services. The ethical dimension and new technologies in science.
Objectives:The objective of this course is to introduce students to the currently known approaches to the creation of the Information Society, to illustrate the current developments and give priority to the impact of the spread of new technologies in key sectors of the economy and society . Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- understand the basics and critical aspects of various forms of ICT applications in modern way of life
- distinguish the changes taking place in society through the development of ICT
- recognize the positives and negatives of these changes
- C. Anderson , (2008) «Η μακριά ουρά», Μτφ:Δ. Καρτσακλής, Κάτοπτρο,
- Σοφία Καϊτατζή-Γουίτλοκ, (2003) «Η επικράτεια των πληροφοριών», Κριτική
- Μ. Κάστελς, (2005) «Ο γαλαξίας του διαδικτύου», Εκδ. Καστανιώτη,